It feels like I just sat down to my computer to write last year’s summer bucket list! How is it that it’s that time again? About this time last year I found out I was pregnant, so obviously a lot has happen and changed since then on my end! Last year’s list was such a success and really got me motivated to accomplish things when all I really wanted to do was sleep all day. If you followed along last year, you’ll remember that my husband planned my birthday based on the things on my list, so I joked that this year I should add things like “buy diamond earrings” and “take an Italian vacation” just in case he needed some pointers
Lots of the things on my list were on there last year. They came up again because I either a) loved them so much I wanted an “excuse” to do them again or b) I didn’t complete them last year and wanted to give myself another chance. The goal is to complete these all between the start of Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day (May 22-September 7).
Okay, here we go with my list…
- Take Cecilia to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park at least once
- Go to the beach at least three times – I seriously think I went once last year. Ugh.
- Read the books on my Summer Reading List – 10 books! I can do it!
- Make at least three new ice cream flavors – I’m taking requests if you have any!
- Exercise at least three times a week – I’ve been pretty consistent with going to Stroller Strides 3-4 times a week and hope to keep it up during the summer.
- Go for solo runs at least twice a month – I haven’t been out on a run by myself since I was pregnant. I’d love to run another half marathon this year (it will be my 5th) so solo runs will be a training must!
- Fit back into my pre-pregnancy skinny jeans – My skinnys were S-K-I-N-N-Y! I was able to button them up for the first time the other day, but it was not pretty. Can we say muffin top? I want to be able to button them and for them to fit well and not like I’m trying too hard for them to fit.
- Have fresh flowers in my house at all times – I did that last summer and have been doing it pretty consistently the past couple of months. They make me smile and I want that to continue.
- Take a spontaneous family day trip
- Send 10 handwritten cards – I did this one last year and wanted to do it again. Who doesn’t love getting and receiving gorgeous handwritten cards. Just maybe I’ll send them out on one of my personalized stationary picks!
- Start making baby food for Cecilia – I cannot tell you how excited I am about this one. I’ve been thinking about it since last summer!
- Have a date night at least once a month – YES!
- Go to at least three outdoor concerts – First up on the calendar – The Rolling Stones on May 24!
- Successfully make a loaf of bread – I think I’ve killed the yeast every single time I’ve tried. I WILL do it this summer!
- Work through Bon Appetit’s list of 20 Cooking Techniques Every Home Chef Should Master – I can do most, if not all, of these, but I want to go through them officially. Stay tuned!
- Make jam to enjoy throughout the winter – This really should be on my Foodie Bucket List, too, because I’ve been wanting to do this forever!
- Have at least one picnic in the park
- Go to at least one new museum
- Purge and organize each room of our condo – I’m in a total post-baby nesting stage, so I have to take full advantage and clean out our space.
- Go to a drive-in movie theater – So, the last movie I saw at a drive-in was Jurassic Park when it first came out. I think I’m due again.
- Go to a city I’ve never been to – It doesn’t have to be far away, just somewhere I’ve never been and want to explore.
- Have fun and enjoy each day with my little family to the fullest! – This should be on all our lists, right?
Just like last year, I’ll check in a few times this summer with updates in order to help keep me accountable for what’s on my list
What’s on your list? For more ideas, check out my 2014 Summer Bucket List!